Thursday, December 20, 2012

12 Days of Christmas Cards-Day#7


Alright back again for day #7 . I have something a little different for you today, a Christmas gift card holder! Isn't it cute?! Perfect for the Starbucks lover in your life or for a dunkin donuts gift card, etc.  So let's get started.
Supplies used:
Cardstock: brown, dark brown, vanilla, tan, & a vanilla snowflake pattern paper
Snowflake embossing folder
Stampin'Up! Dimensionals
Stampin'Up! Soft suede ink
ATG
Cricut and cartridge "Love You A Latte"
Peachy keen stamp set-smitten mitten

The first thing I did was load my cardstock pieces onto my Cricut mat, the latte cup shown was cut at 7.25" using my gypsy to remove the steam from the top of the cup image before cutting it out. I cut 2 of the base and 1 of each layering piece. Then I embossed the tan pieces with the snowflake embossing folder and adhered them to the first base dark brown piece, adhered the vanilla snowflake pattern cardstock piece to the middle and trimmed off the edges. (The middle piece strip is not part of the image that's on the Latte image, I added it bc the plain brown center was too plain for my taste, so there's no exact measurment I just added it to the middle and trimmed off the excess)

The next thing I did was stamp my sentiment using Stampin'Up! Soft Suede ink onto vanilla cardstock. Then I free hand cut a small oval shape around the sentiment, glued that piece to a brown piece and again free hand trimmed a small border around the vanilla piece. I adhered the sentiment piece to the cup base with a dimensional and set it aside.

To make the gift card holder part, I took the second base piece that I cut out in dark brown and I took a giftcard I had on hand and layed that onto the base where I thought I wanted the card to be and I took some dimensionals and lined them up around the giftcard so that when the two base pieces come together to form my sandwich piece the gift card will fit snugly and not move too much. Once I had all the dimensionals where I wanted them I removed the giftcard and adhered the decorated base piece to the second base with all of the dimenionals. (I added more dimensionals to the sides and bottom so that it would be even against the decorated piece.

And that's it for this giftcard holder. Super cute, didn't take much time to put together. Hope you like it and ill catch you back here again for day #8 of my 12 Days of Christmas Cards series!


No comments:

Post a Comment