Sunday, December 23, 2012

12 Days of Christmas Cards-Day #8&9

Welcome back for day 8&9 bundled together for these two quick and easy cards. We will start with the card on the left first.

Supplies used:
Cardstock:red & white, christmas pattern papers
PKSC-November 2012 & September 2012
Black StazOn ink
Versamark ink
Old Olive, Real Red, Soft Suede, & Crumb Cake ink from Stampin'Up!
Dimensionals
ATG
Aquapainter
 Silver Embossing Powder
2" Scallop Circle punch
Martha Stewart Circle cutter
Adhesive pearls

First thing I did was cut my red cardstock to a standard A2 size card (4.25"x5.5") , the white cardstock was cut at 4"x5.25" and the 4 squares of pattern paper were cut at 1.5"x1.5". I adhered the white cardstock piece using my ATG to the base of the card. I then stamped the frame from the September PKSC stamps set in versamark ink, covered and heat set with Silver embossing powder. Then I stamped the inside sentiment in Real Red ink (sentiment is from the November PKSC) and added the two pearls. Taking my ATG again, I adhered the four squares of pattern paper to the upper portion of the card and set it aside.

Then I stamped the reindeer onto a piece of white cardstock  and used the Aquapainter to paint from his upper half. Once that was dry I cut out a circle around his face using my Martha Stewart circle cutter at 1.75" and sponged the edges using Old Olive ink. I punched a red scallop circle and attached my reindeer piece to the scallop circle center using ATG and attached that whole piece to my card base using a dimensional. And thats it for the first card

*Now for the card on the right.
Supplies used:
Cardstock:Red, white, dark green, & Christmas pattern paper
Rhinestones
Green 1/8" ribbon
"Peace" stamp
Rose Red Ink from Stampin'Up!
Scallop edge punch
dimensionals
ATG
Snowflake confetti pieces
glue dots

First thing I did was cut my standard A2 size card base in the red cardstock (4.25"x5.5"), the white cardstock I cute at 4"x4.25" and used the scallop edge on the on end of it. Cut the Christmas pattern paper at 4"x3.5" and addhered it to the white piece using my ATG.and then adhered the whole piece straight to the red card base.

For the sentiment part I cut a piece of dark green cardstock at 4"x2" and white cardstock piece at 3.75"x1.75" and adhered them together using my ATG. Then I stamped my "Peace" sentiment using Rose Red ink to the upper left corner.  Attached self adhesive rhinestones to the bottom of the sentiment, green ribbon to the bottom of the piece and made a bow and attached that with a glue dot as well. I popped the sentiment piece up on dimensionals and attached it to my card base. For the finishing touch I added the 2 pieces of snowflake confetti, attaching them using glue dots.

And there you have it! Two quick and easy Christmas cards. That's all for now, I'll catch you back here again for day # 10 of my 12 Days of Christmas Cards series!

No comments:

Post a Comment