Supplies used in this project:
Peachy Keen Stamps-PKSC-November 2012
3 pink flower buttons
cardstock (I used Core'dinations and Colorbok) in white, aquamarine, pink, & hot pink
pattern paper (Colorbok-Spring Morning, & Me&My Big Ideas-specialty cardstock)
White embossing powder
Black stazon ink
Fine tip black Sharpie
Real Red ink - Stampin'Up!
Tombo mono multi glue
white gel pen
glue dots 3/16" size
The first thing I did was take my hot pink cardstock from Colorbok and cut it at 4.25"x11" scored at 5.5" to get my standard A2 size card (4.25"x5.5" with the fold at the top of the card base. I cut the light aquamarine pattern paper from Colorbok to 4"x5.25" and adhered it straight to my card base using my ATG. Next, I took another pink flower pattern paper from the same collection and cut 4 pieces at 1.75"x1.75", taking my corner rounder punch and rounding 2 opposing corners on each square. Taking my ATG, I adhered those pieces to the upper 2/3rds of the card with all pointed corners pointing toward the middle and outter edge of the card base.
For the main focus of the card I stamped the elf from Peachy Keen Stamps onto a white piece of cardstock with black StazOn ink. I then stamped the elf multiple times on different color cardstock and paper pieced the elf together by cutting out the various pieces from the stamped cardstock and gluing them onto the white paper stamped elf with Tombo. I colored in his hair using a brown marker, and added blush to his cheeks and nose using an aquapainter and real red ink from Stampin'Up! Thats also how I added the red to his tongue. Lastly, I took my black fine tip Sharpie and colored in his mouth and my white gel pen to add some highlights to him.
Once the elf was completely put together I set him aside so I could work on the sentiment. I took a piece of a slightly darker aquamarine color and stamped my sentiment in versamark ink, covered with white embossing powder, then heat set it to finish. Then I trimmed the sentiment out with no particular measurements, just eyeballing where I thought it looked best. I gave one end a banner tail and let the other end meet flush with the edge of the card base. The sentiment piece was added onto the card base using dimensionals. Now it was time to add the little elf, who was also popped up on dimensionals. And for the finishing touch I added 3 flower buttons using glue dots.
I need to note that this particular elf image comes with a different lollipop shape and hand so what I did was stamped just the hand and then added the different lollipop. It took some playing with but it worked out really well. I hope you guys enjoyed this card and I'll see you next time for card #4.