Wednesday, December 19, 2012

12 Days of Christmas Cards-Day #6


Here we are at day #6 of the 12 Days of Christmas Cards series. Above is the card I made for my mother and I love how it turned out. I can't believe we have 6 days left until Christmas.  

Supplies used in this card:
Cardstock: white, red, tan (Core'dinatons)
Snowflake embossing folder
Red satin ribbon
Old olive & real red ink Stampin'Up!
Stampin'Up! Dimensionals
Small pearls
Red glittered embossing powder
Versamark ink
All year cheer stamp set
EK Success realestate punch
Heat tool
ATG
Scotch tape

I first cut my tan cardstock to a standard A2 size card (4.25"x5.5"), cut my red piece of cardstock to 4"x5.25" and a white piece of card stock to 3.75"x5". Then I ran the white piece of cardstock in the snowflake embossing folder through my Sizzix embossing machine. I took a sponge douber and Old Olive ink and slowly added color over top of the white embossed piece until I was happy with the color then adhered it to the red piece of cardstock. Taking my red satin ribbon I made the lines across the card and bow to make it look like a present and taped the ribbon ends to the back of the card using regular scotch tape. Then attached the whole piece to my card base with my ATG.

For the sentiment I took versamark ink and stamped my sentiment on a white piece of cardstock, then covered it with red glittered embossing powder and heat set it. Once it was cool I took my realestate punch and punched it out. Taking a sponge, I sponged the edges with real red ink and then added small pearls to each corner. To finish, I added the sentiment piece to the card with a dimensional. 

And there we have it.  A clean, simple, and gorgeous Christmas card that would be pretty easy to mass produce if you should choose to. Thanks for joining me today and I'll see you back here soon for card number 7.



No comments:

Post a Comment