Sunday, December 16, 2012

12 Days of Christmas Cards-Card #4

Back again! Here is card number 4 in my 12 Days of Christmas Cards series.

Supplies used to make this card:
Green, red, tan, and white cardstock, (Colorbok & Core'dinations)
Christmas pattern paper (The Paper Studio-All Seasons II)
Red satin ribbon
Stampin'Up! Delightful Decorations stamp set
Stampin'Up! Old Olive ink
Stampin'Up! dimensionals
ATG adhesive
Small rhinestones
Scallop edge punch-Fiskars
Stampin'Up! Ornament punch
scissors

Dark green card base cut at 8.5"x5.5", scored at 4.25" to make our standard A2 size card (4.25"x5.5")
Then taking the tan cardstock I cut it to 3"x4" and used the scallop edge punch along the bottom edge. I then cut 2 pieces of red cardstock, one piece at 2.75"x2.5", and another piece at 4.25"x1.75".
I picked out 2 different coordinating pattern papers from the All Seasons II paper stack. The snowflake paper was cut at 4.25"x1.5" and the other Christmas phrase paper was cut at 2.25"x2.5".

I adhered the pattern papers to the red cardstock border pieces using my ATG, and adhered the red Christmas phrase piece to the tan cardstock and the red snowflake piece to the bottom of the card, leaving about a 1/4" gap. Then I stamped the ornament onto the white cardstock using Old Olive ink and punched it out using the coordinating ornament punch. I added a small rhinestone into the middle of the ornament and attached the ornament to the tan cardstock piece using a dimensional. Then I took some red satin ribbon and tied it around the tan base just above the scallop edge and trimmed the tails. Now that the ribbon is placed where I want it I added dimensionals to the back of the tan piece and attached it to the card base leaving about 1/4" gap at the top.

And there you have it! A pretty quick and simple card. Don't forget to continue to follow along with my blog, there will be a give away coming very soon! I'll do the detailed announcement soon so start leaving comments and feedback now to get a head start on the giveaway to come :D Let me know if there's anything you'd like to see and I'll catch you here next time for card #5!



No comments:

Post a Comment