Sunday, December 9, 2012

12 Days of Christmas Cards-Day#1

This holiday season has me crafting like crazy! I'm going to challenge myself to making 12 cards to post about between now and Christmas. The first card I'm going to start with is this adorbs little elf card!
Supplies used in making this card:
 Peachy Keen Stamps-PKSC-11 November 2012
Kraft cardstock-Core'dinations
Red cardstock-Core'dinations
White cardstock-Core'dinations
Cream cardstock-Core'dinations
Green cardstock-Core'dinations
Brown cardstock-Core'dinations
Dark green-Colorbok Earthtone Cool
Green Pattern Paper-The Paper Studio-All Seasons II
Frost Sheer Shimmer Spritz-Tsukineko
Extra Fine White Glitter-Recollections
Stampin'Up dimensionals
Adhesive-Scotch ATG
White gel pen
Stampin'Up ink-Real Red
StazOn black ink
scissors
Zig 2 way glue pen
Studio G pigment ink-pink
Red marker-Prismacolor

Okay now that I've listed the supplies the first thing I did to make this card was stamp the elf image with StazOn black ink several times on each color for his face, clothes, and hair. Then I carefully cut out the individual pieces and glued them together on the main image (white cardstock base). Once it was all glued together I colored in the stripes on his stockings, the red in the lollipop and his tongue. I dipped the tip of a q-tip into the pink pigment ink to color his nose and add blush to his cheeks.  I used my Zig 2 Way glue to pool glue onto the brim and ball of his hat and added the Recollections fine glitter. As soon as that dried I went ahead and trimmed the image out leaving a thin white border framing him. Using my white gel pen I went ahead and added some small highlight details to his clothes and then put him aside.

I then cut my Kraft cardstock down to a standard A2 size card (8.5"x5.5", folded is 4.25"x5.5") and set the aside. Taking my red cardstock I cut a strip that was 5"x 2.75" and I tore by hand a small scrap of white cardstock to be the bottom snowbank strip. I glued the white strip to the red piece along the bottom just eyeballing the placement where I wanted it and trimmed off the excess. Using my Shimmer Spritzer I spritzed the red and white piece to give a snowy look and set it aside to dry.

Then I cut a strip of the green polkadot pattern paper to 4"x2" and using a small scrap of the cream cardstock I stamped my sentiment in Real Red ink from Stampin'Up! I trimmed the sentiment down just eyeballing the sides and used my corner rounder to round the 2 upper edges of the sentiment piece and set it aside.

Now taking my Scotch ATG I adhered my pattern paper to the kraft card base approx. .5" from the bottom. Using my ATG again I attached my sentiment to the red card piece. Using Stampin'Up! dimensionals I attached the red piece to the card base trying best to center it. Then using more dimensionals I attached the little elf and thats it! Definitely not a good card for mass production but definitely worth making and giving to someone special! He came out super cute and I just love how this card came together. I'll be back again soon so come on back for card #2 in my 12 Days of Christmas Cards series. Thanks for stopping by!




No comments:

Post a Comment