Wednesday, December 12, 2012

12 Days of Christmas Cards-Card#2

Hey everyone! Thanks for joining me today for card number 2 of my 12 Days of Christmas Cards series. I recently came across bluenicole0707 on youtube and she created a gorgeous blue color scheme card with a technique I have never done before so I thought I would recreate her card using less traditional Christmas colors. So here's a look at the new card for today.


supplies used in this project include:
Purple cardstock-Colorbok Earthtones
White cardstock-Core'dinations
White copy paper
Rich Razzleberry ink- Stampin'Up!
Perfect Plum ink-Stampin'Up!
Versamark ink
Silver embossing powder-Recollections
Jumbo Snowflakes stamp set- Stampendous!
"Peace" stamp-craft smart
Bright with promise stamp-Stampabilities
Rhinestones-Stampin'Up!
Adhesive
Heat tool-Darice

First step I did was cut all of my cardstock pieces. White card stock pieces are cut at 4"x5.25", 3"x4.25", & 2"x3.25". Purple cardstock pieces are cut at 5.5"x8.5" scored at 4.25" to form our standard A2 size card (4.25"x5.5"), also cut 2 other purple cardstock pieces measuring 3.25"x4.5" & 2.25"x3.5".

Taking the 3 white cardstock pieces I carefully layered them on top of each other, centering them and using a small amount of adhesive to hold them temporarily in place so that I could stamp my snowflakes on them. Taking my versamark ink I stamped the "Peace" sentiment in the center and used the silver embossing powder and heat set it and let cool. I then took the medium snowflake stamp, in Rich Razzleberry ink, and stamped it randomly a few times. Next, taking the small snowflake stamp, inked it in Perfect Plum, I stamped on a piece of scrap paper once to get a lighter tone of purple and then stamped once on the card and repeated that process a few more times.Don't worry if the stamp doesn't completely stamp where the edges of the cardstock meet, that area gets covered up with the purple cardstock layers so it shouldn't show once the card is completely put together.

Carefully I separated the white cardstock pieces and begun adhering them to the purple cardstock pieces, layering one on top the other until layering the final piece onto the card base. Once all of the pieces are adhered to the card base I took rhinestones and placed them in the snowflake centers. Now the front of the card is complete

For  the inside of the card I cut a piece of copy paper to 4"x5.25" and adhered it to the inside of the card. Then I stamped my Bright with promise stamp with Rich Razzleberry ink and stamped it in the top center of the card. And there you have it!

I really love how this card turned out. The non traditional colors look really beautiful. Thank you bluenicole for the inspiration. I hope it inspires others as well. Please join me next time for Card #3!

No comments:

Post a Comment