Tuesday, December 18, 2012

12 Days of Christmas Cards-Day #5

Alright here we are at day number 5 of my 12 Days of Christmas Cards series. This is a super smile card today but very cute.

Supplies used in this card:
White and red card stock (I used Core'dinations)
Peachy Keen Stamps-PKSC November 2012
Aquapainter
Stampin'Up! Ink: Wild Wasabi, Soft Suede, Real Red, and Pretty in Pink
Rhinestones
EK Success slim realestate sign punch
Stampin up dimensionals
Scrap paper
Oval template
StazOn black ink
Black fine to Sharpie

I took my white cards rock and cut it at 4.25"x11" and scored it at 5.5" so that the fold is at the top of our standard A2 size card (4.25"x5.5"). Then I took my oval template and traced my oval onto the card towards the top center using a black fine tip Sharpie. Next I made a template of my own on a scratch piece of paper using the same oval, traced and cut it out with an exacto knife so that I could use the negative as my template. I lined the scrap paper oval template overtop my card base oval so that when I stamp my reindeer it would not stamp outside the oval on the card base. Taking my StazOn black ink, I inked up the reindeer stamp focusing on just the upper half of him and stamped him onto my oval on the card base.  I then carefully removed my scrap template to reveal a crisp clean stamped reindeer inside the oval on the card base.

I colored in the inside of the oval and the reindeer using the Aquapainter and the Stampin'Up! Ink and set it aside to dry. Using the EK Success realestate sign punch, I punched out a piece of red cardstock. And using my oval template I traced and cut out a small 1.5" oval on white cardstock. I stamped the "oh joy" sentiment on the white cardstock oval using Wild Wasabi ink from Stampin'Up!    and sponged the edged with Real Red ink. Then I adhered it to the red realestate punched piece using my ATG and added rhinestones to the corners.

Once the card base was completely dry I added the ribbon bow at the top with the fine tip sharpie and the realestate sign sentiment to the card base using dimensionals. For the finishing touch I added a red rhinestone to the reindeers nose and there you have it! A simple but adorable Christmas card.

Thank you for joining me again today for card number 5, follow along with me for card number 6 coming soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment