Sunday, June 8, 2014

Sunday Funday!

Woohoo Sunday funday! I have two masculine cards to share today.
It's a bit of a challenge for me to create masculine cards, I've discovered I'm just not very good at it. 
So I'm pushing myself outside of my comfort zone and hoping it will help improve my card making skills. 
What better timing too because Simon Says Stamp is having a Fathers Day/Masculine card challenge on their Wednesday Challenge blog this week so I will be playing along.
This first card I used my new Lawn Fawn stamps and dies.
Aren't these little bots adorable?! I just love them!
 You can see here I thought I got all of the air bubbles out of my glossy accents, but I clearly did not. The card still came out super cute so I'm not worried :D
 For the inside of the card I just cut a white banner for a spot to write on and stamped the gears from the set around the sentiment from SSS Birthday sentiments.
So for card number two I created a simple 4.25" square card and used my stamps from the SSS May card kit.
 My hubby is a gamer so this card made him laugh. Then he spent the next 10 minutes trying to figure out what exact system this controller was from.
I added glossy accents to the colored buttons to make them pop a little more and look more like the actual buttons on a real controller. 
The inside sentiment came on the stamp set from the kit as well and I thought it was just super perfect to go along with the video game controller from the front.
Well those are two of my takes today on more masculine cards. How'd I do?

1 comment:

  1. Love these little bots!!! Great masculine colors. Thanks so much for playing along with us in the Father's Day/Masculine Challenge over at the Simon Says Stamp Challenge Blog this week :)

    ReplyDelete