Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Expecting parents card

Happy Tuesday everyone! I just finished a not-so-typical pregnancy card. In fact, this one is for the expecting parents to give to someone to announce they're pregnancy.
I just got some new stamps and dies in the mail from Lawn Fawn and they are just too stinkin' cute for words. I wanted to use them in a less than traditional way.
So I challenged myself and this is what I came up with.
 Aren't they adorbs???!!! I love these little dinosaurs.
I experimented with trying to use my Stampin Up! ink and sponges to distress a sunset into the background. So I stamped my trees and some rocks (which just barely ended up being covered up) onto Neenah Solar White cardstock using Memento Tuxedo Black ink.
Then I colored the trees and rocks with my Copic markers, stamped the outline of the trees onto some Eclipse masking tape, cut them out and covered them.
Taking my sponges and yellow, orange, and blue ink I began distressing the background. 
When I was satisfied I peeled off the mask and added the layers of Bazzill Gumdrop cardstock for grassy hills and then placed my dinos where I wanted them. 
The "Guess What?" sentiment actually came from a Tiddly Inks stamp set and the inside sentiment I pieced together using another Lawn Fawn stamp set.

And here is the inside. I just love this little dino popping out of its shell!
Like I said, definitely not your typical expecting card, which is probably why I like it so much hehehe. 
Well that's all I have for you tonight, hope you enjoyed and I'll catch you back here next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment