Friday, May 30, 2014

Need a Lift?

Hello everyone! Today I have a super adorable elephant card to share with you. 
I just love, Love, LOVE this little elephant stamp from Lawn Fawn.
Elephants are, after all, my favorite!
This was a very tedious card to make I will admit. 
I thought I had a cluster of balloons as a stamp, 
but apparently I only had a single balloon.
Was that going to stop me? Absolutely not!
So I stamped one balloon at a time, cutting and masking off each individual balloon as I filled up the balloon cluster until I was satisfied.
Then I stamped and masked the elephant just below that.
With all of the balloons already masked, 
I cut some cloud masks and placed those down.
Using my new Ranger blending tool and some Tim Holtz distress ink I smudged a sky.
Then came the fun part...unmasking the tape to reveal the clean stamping under neath. 
I colored pretty minimally just using 2 colors for shadowing on the balloons then I added strings to the balloons and around the elephant using my Copic multiliner.
And of course it needed some sparkle so I added some Wink of Stella clear glitter pen to all of my balloons.
Took out my Anya Lifts stamp from The Greeting Farm for the "Need a Lift?" sentiment and placed it onto my Simon Says Stamp banner die cut. Dimensionals gave the perfect lift (hehe see what I did there) for my banner when I attached it to the card.
The tails of the banner flush against the card I secured using a little Tombow. 
Now for the inside of my card I stamped the other sentiment from the Anya Lifts stamp set as well as a couple more balloons. 
Colored them in with my copics and added glitter to them as well.
And there you have it! A super sweet, super adorable card sure to brighten anyones day!
I will also be entering this card into this weeks Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge blog.  This weeks theme is Anything Goes! so hop on over and play along.
The randomly chosen winner will receive a $50 gift voucher to the Simon Says Stamp store! Is it sad that I already know what I would use that for? hehehe



No comments:

Post a Comment